The International League of Peoples’ Struggle (ILPS) is an anti-imperialist and democratic formation (see ILPS Charter). It promotes, supports and develops the anti-imperialist and democratic struggles of the peoples of the world against imperialism and all reaction.
It has a broad mass character and not subordinate to any political party, government or religion and affords equality to all participating organizations .
It strives to realize the unity, cooperation and coordination of anti-imperialist and democratic struggles throughout the world.
The League fights for the following concerns:
1. The cause of national liberation, democracy and social liberation;
2. Socio-economic development and social justice;
3. Human rights in the civil, political, economic, social and cultural fields;
4. The cause of just peace;
5. Independent trade union and workers’ and toilers’ rights and reduction of working hours at full pay against mass unemployment and decreasing wage levels;
6. Agrarian reform and rights of peasants, farm workers and fisherfolk;
7. The cause of women’s rights and liberation;
8. Rights of the youth to education and employment;
9. Children’s rights against child labour, sexual abuse and other forms of exploitation;
10.Rights of indigenous peoples, oppressed nations and nationalities against chauvinism and racism;
11. The rights of teachers, researchers and other educational personnel;
12. The right of the people to health care and the rights of health workers;
13. Science and technology for the people and development, and environmental protection;
14. Arts and culture and free flow of information in the service of the people;
15. Justice and indemnification for the victims of illegal arrest and detention;
16. Rights and welfare of displaced homeless persons, refugees and migrant workers;
17. Rights of gays, lesbians, bisexuals and trans-gendered.
Our aims and activities:
1. To stimulate, facilitate and coordinate common lines of action and undertake definite actions on the aforesaid concerns and issues,
2. To cooperate with all possible organizations, institutions and personages in the attainment of the aims and purposes of the League,
3. The activities of the League include: advocacy, research, publications, conferences, seminars and social and political action.
Who Can Join the League?
1. Any organization that agrees with the charter of the League may apply or may be invited to become a participating organization of the League.
2. The application shall be evaluated and acted upon by the International Coordinating Committee within one year from such application or invitation.
3. All participating organizations shall assume responsibilities in accordance with the resolutions and decisions of the International Assembly.
4. All participating organizations shall have equal basic rights and duties.
5. A participating organization may cease to be such by resignation, self-dissolution or by expulsion for serious violation of this charter, resolutions or decisions of the International Assembly.
6. All participating organizations shall maintain their independence and initiative and shall accordingly have equal basic rights and duties.